Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You're wondering about my personal fashion tastes...

So now you're probably wondering what my style and comfort levels are. I would say that my style is classic with a modern twist, more than anything else. But that does not mean that I don't venture out when then mood suits me. Just nothing frumpy or Little House on the Prairie for me, thank you. (And of course, everyone has a different idea of what falls into those categories :)

If you look at my wedding pictures, you can get a pretty good sense of my personality and tastes (at least my formal-wear tastes).

 My wedding dress was a classic princess-seam and A-line dress with a sweetheart neck-line. The modern touches where the bell cuffs on the sleeves, the ruched sash with beading and we squared the sweetheart neck-line.

Here is my dress, waiting for me to put it on. (This picture is good for showing off the beading.) 

Here is one that shows the top details. (A friend made my dress and did a wonderful job interpreting my comfort level, even though she did not understand it.)

Wow! I put this one in so you could get a over-all effect, and yikes! All the emotions, feelings and thoughts that were going through my head, when this picture was taken, came rushing back.

Very intense moment.

Another one for details and over-all effect.

Then, after all the formalities, it's time to party! Here I am in the party dress that I made for the dancing. It was even more modern than the wedding gown.

 I took a classic business dress pattern, narrowed the sides of the neck-line, shortened it to where I wanted the flare to start, then added a full-circle flare to the bottom. I must admit that I'm pretty proud of that dress. The supplies-including fabric, pattern and notions-cost under $35. 

The main thing about me that's not classic, would be my taste in colors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment