Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Belated thoughts on the English royal wedding.

I have a great appreciation for the Duchess of Cambridge. You see, I worked in the bridal industry and got married myself, shortly before the royal wedding in England. I can attest to the fact that dresses covering even as much as her's did were very hard to find. And you can forget bridesmaids' dresses with sleeves, too.
I know that to most of you this is old news, but I was on a cruise ship in the middle of the atlantic, watching the whole thing live, on my honeymoon. So I'm just now getting around to this :)
While personally I would prefer more coverage, I have to hand it to her, it was very tasteful in this day and age. She also made it possible for other brides, wishing for a little more than the status quo, to get it!

Since I worked at David's Bridal and know the types of gowns brides had to work with before, I am posting pix of the dresses they released after the wedding.



Yes, thank you!

I love the flowergirls' dresses!

Anyhow, that's all for now. I was keeping a journal during our honeymoon and recorded my thoughts on their wedding, but will spare y'all the long and drawn-out details :)
And remember, feedback is always appreciated! I've tried to make it easier to do so because I realize not everyone has loads of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment