Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ummm... ***blushes***

Ok. So I've sorely neglected my blogs, I know.

I've been thinking that all of my friends, particularly guy friends, may not care to have their homepage on facebook hijacked with Modest Clothing posts. So I have set up a facebook page for my blog, Modest Clothing. Those of you who would like to follow my blog on facebook may do so, by liking my page. However, that does not guarantee the rest of you won't still get updates until my page is established. Sorry!

So. I've been in Colorado with my husband. Right now we are renting the place next-door to his folks. We are still planning, eventually, to go to Minnesota to finish the house up there.
You're probably wondering how this ties in with clothing. Just give me a minute, because I'm getting around to that :)

Lately, I've been spending some time with his sisters sewing. Towards the end of August, there is a peach harvest fiber festival here in the valley, and his family has been invited as guests of honor. You may be thinking, "What is a fiber festival?" It is a festival showcasing fiber crafts. Now you're probably thinking, "What's a fiber craft?" Anything that has to do with cotton, wool, etc. Spinning, weaving, sewing, knitting, crocheting, whatever. They are setting up a booth with spinning and weaving displays. They totally take it a step further than I do. Yes, I have spun, and I have woven, and may again, but WOW! They can do some pretty awesome things, although quite time consuming :) They also are setting up handmade products from their country store, and us girls are making some clothes to sell. Super excited! Found some cute jumper patterns for little girls and nice patterns for ladies' skirts.

Just curious...how much would you women be willing to pay for a fairly custom, hand-made skirt? What is your normal outfit budget? Mine is usually $10-$30, depending on how cute it is and how much I need it. Oh! And how much money I have at the time :)

Speaking of money...
I love bargains, my mom taught me well :) What are your favorite, maybe secret, bargain haunts? Mine would be Kohl's (they get really cute skirts from time to time :), and local consignment shops. I know that it is second hand clothing, but if you are willing to be patient and dig, you can find some pretty awesome deals, like practically brand-new, name-brand clothing. Love that! (Make sure you check it out good for stains and wear though, because lots of consignment shops don't except returns.) Besides, its fun when someone comes up to you and is like, "Where did you get that?" Because its so cute and they want one like it! You can be like, "Sorry, got the last one!" :) Be original!

What about this cute, comfy, tiered skirt from Kohl's for $24.99?
SONOMA life + style Tiered Maxi Skirt

Maybe you're like, "That's still a little much for me."

How 'bout this fun, yet formal a-line skirt for $19.99?
Croft and Barrow Floral A-Line Skirt

And...for my friends that prefer shorter skirts, around their knees...
How's this vintage, cute little skirt for $48.30?
Chaps Park Avenue Floral Tiered Skirt

Or...this cleaner, and still cute, yet could pull off a professional look skirt for $36.00?
Chaps Modern Expedition Plaid Skirt

Anyway, hope y'all have a really good week...
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment